jail configuration

Jamie Gritton jamie at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 16 14:04:39 UTC 2013

On 09/16/13 07:32, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> Slawa Olhovchenkov <slw at zxy.spb.ru> writes:
>> This break existing configuration, yes?
>
> Yes.
>
>> Can you adding (not replace) new way?
>
> Did you look at the patch?  The old script is a monster.  It would
> probably be easier to write a script that generates jail.conf from an
> existing old-style configuration.

Another option would be to keep the old script if jails are enabled but
jail.conf doesn't exist. It seems cleaner in the long run to offer a
script to convert rc options to a jail.conf file, run as part of
mergemaster. I just worry about POLA.

Yes, I've let jail startup go for too long - I really meant to put it in
for 10.0 but the recent slush kind of surprised me (which means I'm just
not keeping up). After 10 splits off, it's time to just do it.

- Jamie