Increase the mount path to MAXPATHLEN?

Gleb Kurtsou gleb.kurtsou at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 03:43:41 UTC 2013

On (20/03/2013 12:21), Konstantin Belousov wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 01:11:45PM -0700, Doug Ambrisko wrote:
> > I have a patch at:
> > 	http://people.freebsd.org/~ambrisko/statf.patch
> > that people can glance at.  If this approach is the right way to go
> > then I update it for the latest -current and update it.
>
> No, I do not think this is the right approach.
> You are breaking the ABI in the backward-incompatible way.
>
> What should be done is versioning the fstatfs(2) and other related
> symbols from libc. Please look at the lib/libc/include/compat.h
> and its use for upgrading the syscalls ABI.

MNAMELEN switch to 1024 was implemented during GSoc 2011.
https://github.com/glk/freebsd-ino64/commit/f2b990cf8861bb72d4477b39426cbe33f95ffcdf

freebsd-ino64 repo should contain most recent code, I'll double check
during weekend. It also contains patch to change dev_t to 64 bit.

https://github.com/glk/freebsd-ino64/commits/projects/ino64

Konstantin, do you think it's worth pushing ino64 into CURRENT
considering 10.0 is approaching? The only unresolved issue I can recall
is ABI breakage in audit syscalls, providing compat shims for them
wasn't straightforward due to complex structure.

Unfortunately I've been swamped at $JOB for a while now and had no time
to clean it up and commit. So if somebody is willing to help please
contact me.

https://github.com/glk/shlib-compat