[rfc] enabling MALLOC_PRODUCTION on -HEAD for now, until jemalloc has been taught to have some run time selectable debug options

Nathan Whitehorn nwhitehorn at freebsd.org
Sun Jan 20 23:39:09 UTC 2013

It's fatal for being able to do *anything* on all machines but the very
fanciest and newest. I forgot it on my Core 2 Duo laptop and regretted
it thoroughly -- especially since undoing the mistake involved
rebuilding world on a now *very* slow machine.

I'm also not sure we lose anything by turning it on by default as it
currently is set. Anyone actually running -CURRENT day to day has
MALLOC_PRODUCTION enabled so the tests are never seen anyway.
-Nathan