Removing CVS from HEAD

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Sep 11 15:32:30 UTC 2012

On Sep 11, 2012, at 10:01 AM, Lars Engels wrote:

> devel/cvs doesn't have any dependencies, its pre-compiled package has a
> size of 494 KBs, which even fits on a 1984 5,25" floppy disk twice.

In 1984 floppies were only 360kB...  Sure IBM introduced the 1.2MB floppies that year, but it was late in the year when the machines started showing up, and it was a few years before they were in wide spread use.

Nothing to do with the force of your argument, just a historical footnote from someone who lived through the time and used the 1.2MB floppies as a cheap replacement for the 400kb "quad" density disks I had to use up until that point for the RX-50 drives in my DEC Rainbow, and I could do that until I was actually in college.

Warner