Removing CVS from HEAD

olli hauer ohauer at gmx.de
Mon Sep 10 22:49:39 UTC 2012

On 2012-09-10 23:04, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> Lev Serebryakov <lev at serebryakov.spb.ru> writes:
>> portsnap... Is it simple (installation of one port) to install local
>> portsnap mirror to have same ports collection on all servers in
>> network?
>
> There is no port for the server, but there is a script you can use to
> set up a local mirror of the official servers:

It's far more easy.
Use one machine as master, only on this machine you will use the command
portsnap fetch. Rsync (or whatever preferred) the directory /var/db/portsnap
to all machines where you want to have the portstree available, on this
slaves use only the commands portsnap extract/update. Doing this now on a
couple of machines over a view years without any issues.

But since I'm using more and more pkg together with a central build machine
the portstree is on most of my machines useless.

I don't know what Dough means with portsnap is slower, on machines with not
so many cpu power portsnap was for me always faster then svn update against
a local svn ports mirror.  Maybe he means updates are not at the same time
available a port was committed?

--
Regards,
olli