switch tounconditionnal boostrapping while to build the tree

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Sat May 26 23:55:15 UTC 2012

Hi

After I replace yacc(1) by byacc(1) on current, we discovered than now it is
impossible to build 9 on current, because byacc(1) is not 100% backward
compatible with our yacc(1). this is because building a boostrap yacc(1) is
conditionned on the version of the host that is building world.

Looking at Makefile.inc1 I can see that lots of tools are conditionned like
this. I think if we want to go to be able to cross build the tree (I remember
from EuroBSDcon that this is something we want to do) then we need to remove the
conditions and always boostrap any tool necessary to be able to build the tree.

so if no one care I'll remove the condition to boostrap at least yacc(1) and
lex(1) on current, 9, 8 and 7.

Would be great imho to do the same for any tools needed by the build system.

regards,
Bapt