RFC: futimens(2) and utimensat(2)

Konstantin Belousov kostikbel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 12:04:47 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 10:40:54PM -0800, Xin Li wrote:

> Hi,
>
> These are required by IEEE Std 1003.1-2008.  Patchset at:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~delphij/for_review/utimens.diff
The patch looks fine, I have only some stylistic comments.

You misordered the functions both in Symbol.map and in the man page.
The kern_utimensat() definition would benefit from making the second
line of the function shorter then 80 columns.
I suggest to use a local struct vnode *vp variable instead of dereferencing
fp->f_vnode on each line.
Put error and vfslocked declarations in kern_futimens on the same line.

I do not see a need in having _SYS_SYSPROTO_H_ for new syscalls.
We always do have sysproto.h.

And, omiting the generated files from the patch would make it easier to read.