unix domain sockets on nullfs(5)

Mikolaj Golub trociny at freebsd.org
Sat Feb 25 10:59:32 UTC 2012

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 19:01:51 +0200 Konstantin Belousov wrote:

 KB> On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 11:55:20AM +0200, Mikolaj Golub wrote:
 >>
 >> On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 23:50:03 +0200 Konstantin Belousov wrote:
 >>
 >>  KB> On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 11:22:03PM +0200, Mikolaj Golub wrote:
 >>  >> After collecting all suggestions and additional testing I have got this patch
 >>  >> set:
 >>  >>
 >>  >> http://people.freebsd.org/~trociny/unp_prepare_reclaim.1.patch
 >>  KB> Including unpcb.h into vfs_subr.c looks too extreme. Put the prototype
 >>  KB> into vnode.h, possibly renaming the function to vfs_unp_reclaim.
 >>
 >> Done.
 >>
 >>  >> http://people.freebsd.org/~trociny/unp_connect.LOCKSHARED.1.patch
 >>  >> http://people.freebsd.org/~trociny/VOP_UNP.3.patch
 >>  KB> I has a painting suggestion there, call the vops VOP_UNP_DETACH etc,
 >>  KB> otherwise it takes too much reading to understand that it is not undetach.
 >>
 >> Unfortunately, vnode_if.awk does not support underscores in VOP names. It
 >> failed with "Invalid %% construction" due to the restriction: $2 !~ /^[a-z]+$/.
 >> So I reverted back to the old naming.
 KB> Ok, might be it makes sense to try to add underscore to the set of
 KB> allowed symbols.

 >> The updated patches:
 >>
 >> http://people.freebsd.org/~trociny/unp_prepare_reclaim.2.patch
 >> http://people.freebsd.org/~trociny/unp_connect.LOCKSHARED.1.patch
 >> http://people.freebsd.org/~trociny/VOP_UNP.4.patch

 KB> In the comment above vfs_unp_reclaim(), say "before socket-type vnode
 KB> reclamation".

 KB> I have no further comments.

I have committed all preparation patches and going to commit the VOP_UNP_*
bits. The latest version:

http://people.freebsd.org/~trociny/VOP_UNP.6.patch

(in this version I added a note to UPDATING).

I am thinking now about 'MFC after'. Thanks to jhb's spare vops it looks like
it is possible to merge it in stable/9 without breaking the KBI, but then I
will consume 3 of 5 available spare vops. So is it worth doing?

--
Mikolaj Golub