unix domain sockets on nullfs(5)

Konstantin Belousov kostikbel at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 21:50:10 UTC 2012

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 11:22:03PM +0200, Mikolaj Golub wrote:
> After collecting all suggestions and additional testing I have got this patch
> set:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~trociny/unp_prepare_reclaim.1.patch
Including unpcb.h into vfs_subr.c looks too extreme. Put the prototype
into vnode.h, possibly renaming the function to vfs_unp_reclaim.

> http://people.freebsd.org/~trociny/unp_connect.LOCKSHARED.1.patch
> http://people.freebsd.org/~trociny/VOP_UNP.3.patch
I has a painting suggestion there, call the vops VOP_UNP_DETACH etc,
otherwise it takes too much reading to understand that it is not undetach.

> It has survived some bind/connect/force umount stress testing revealing only
> some issues that are also observed without patching.

What are the issues ?