Prefaulting for i/o buffers

Ivan Klymenko fidaj at ukr.net
Sun Feb 12 20:37:58 UTC 2012

В Sun, 12 Feb 2012 22:24:13 +0200
Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel at gmail.com> пишет:

> On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 10:14:56PM +0200, Ivan Klymenko wrote:
> > В Fri, 3 Feb 2012 21:37:19 +0200
> > Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel at gmail.com> пишет:
> >
> > > http://people.freebsd.org/~kib/misc/vm1.3.patch
> >
> > I have FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0 r231526M: Sat Feb 11 23:06:18 EET
> > 2012 ivan at nonamehost:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/mk10  amd64
> >
> > my system is patched
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~kib/drm/all.13.2.patch (I do not know is
> > the important point is whether or not)
> >
> > When using this patch vm1.3.patch or 1.4 or 1.5 or ... including
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~kib/misc/vm1.9.patch the system works
> > fine in the console, but when loaded into a graphical environment -
> > a system gets of global lock (even the mouse cursor does not move)
> > - only reset helps
> >
> > I'm using Gnome GUI + compiz...
>
> I cannot make anything with this report, since it obviously misses any
> data on the deadlock.

Definitely yes :) but

> BTW, I just put vm1.10 which allows buildworld over NFS to finish
> successfully.

my kernel config file is assembled with the options
options KDB_TRACE
options KDB # Enable kernel debugger support.
options DDB
also use the patch http://people.freebsd.org/ ~ kib/drm/all.13.2.patch
where not yet implemented the transition to the console - how do I get
at least some data using the break-to-debugger Ctrl + Alt + ESC?

Thanks!