The strangeness called `sbin'

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Mon Nov 14 21:38:46 UTC 2011

I don't mean to be rude either, but the cost-benefit ratio of
something like ZFS and Capsicum versus tinkering with the layout of
binaries in the filesystem should take someone about 30 seconds to
evaluate.

I'm not saying "let's not do it!" (quite the opposite - I mean, I
still was hacking on squid until recently), but it's just looking at
how many emails this topic gets versus others, I find it hard to
believe the amount of brain cycles this thread COULD end up dedicating
is .. well, very large. :-)

Again, it's just my 2c,

Adrian