Dropping sun4v as a platform

Attilio Rao attilio at freebsd.org
Tue May 10 16:08:10 UTC 2011

I tried to look to a previous discussion on this and I failed to
locate one, thus let me raise the point here.

As I'm working on on largeSMP support, I was wondering how much sense
makes to fixing sun4v for this.
Besides having 'tinderbox/universe' working, not so much it seems.
The code is pretty much rotting and marius@ said explicitely that an
effective effort on that platform should probabilly be more similar to
what OpenBSD does with it. He also is in favor of dropping the support
entirely, right now.

So what are objections (if any) about dropping sun4v?

Attilio