BSDInstall ISO images

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 23:01:31 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 3:12 PM, Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn at freebsd.org>wrote:

> On 01/09/11 06:28, Michael Ross wrote:
>
>> Am 09.01.2011, 06:38 Uhr, schrieb Nathan Whitehorn
>> <nwhitehorn at freebsd.org>:
>>
>>  On 01/08/11 20:18, Michael Ross wrote:
>>>

>>  Some quick results from toying around, mainly in the partition editor:

>>> Right, you can't delete currently mounted partitions, and partedit
>>> isn't smart enough to unmount them first. I hadn't thought about this
>>> problem -- thanks for the report.
>>>
>>>  - Sometimes "Finished" shows the "You have cancelled... Restart?"-Dialog
>>>>

>>> That should very much never happen, unless you press "Don't save". I'd
>>> love to know how you got this to happen, if you manage to reproduce it
>>> in the future.
>>>

>> Press "Finished" without having specified ``/'' as a mountpoint on any
>> partition.
>> More, once I do this, I can't change the mount point anymore.
>> Step-by-Step:
>> 1. Create da0s1, da0s1a. No mount point specified. Select "Finished".
>> Result: "Abort - you have cancelled... Restart?" Select Restart.
>> 2. "Edit" mount point on da0s1a to /. Select "Finished".
>> Result: A error dialog pops up: "mount operation not permitted".
>>

> I think I've fixed all these problems (and the ones reported by Bruce Cran
> and Joel Dahl), as well as adding some anti-foot-shooting measures. Here's a
> new image, hopefully better:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~nwhitehorn/bsdinstall-i386-20110109.iso.bz2<http://people.freebsd.org/%7Enwhitehorn/bsdinstall-i386-20110109.iso.bz2>
> -Nathan

(1)

I have installed the new system onto the same computer I have specified in
my previous message without any difficulty .
I easily deleted effects of yesterday install and redefined hard disk
partition easily .
It is installed without any error message .
The installed system booted successfully and worked very well .

(2)

I have tried ´Live CD´ selection .
It requested login name and password .
Pressing Enter only did not allow login .
Continuously asked user name and password for login .
Only power switching could stop the computer .

(3)

If you please write your planned installation structure , perhaps we will be
able to supply some , presumably useful , comments . Even useless comments
may show other better alternatives .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk