BSDInstall ISO images

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Feb 1 17:45:59 UTC 2011

On 02/01/2011 08:14, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 14:55:27 +0000
> Bruce Cran<bruce at cran.org.uk>  wrote:

>> I thought it was /home. If you don't have a separate /home partition
>> then /home gets symlinked to /usr/home.  But please don't set the
>> homedir to /usr/home in /etc/passwd because that'll break systems where
>> people put /home on a different disk.
>>
> +1
>
> mine is on a separate partition.

Mine too.  I name the /home partition differently on all my boxes too,
since it is hard to mount foo:/home and bar:/home on the box baz and
have things in those trees that have absolute path names not fight each
other.  better to mount /foo and /bar on baz (and foo and/or bar).  But
maybe I'm just weird that way.

Warner