skipping locks, mutex_owned, usb

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 29 15:51:42 UTC 2011

on 29/08/2011 16:59 Hans Petter Selasky said the following:
> T1) NON-X11 login console:
>
> Press SCROLL LOCK. Press PAGE UP to scroll history. Type something or plug
> another USB device. Does SCROLL lock clear seamlessly when other text is
> printed on the console?

Unfortunately, either I don't understand the description of this test or scroll
lock doesn't work this way even without any of my changes.  Both in recent head
and recent-ish stable/8, both with USB and PS/2 keyboards.

If I type something while scroll lock is active, then nothing changes on my
screen.  As soon as I deactivate the scroll lock, the typed text appears on the
screen.

If I cause some kernel messages to be printed while scroll lock is active, then
those messages appear over whatever I was viewing and the scroll lock is not
deactivated.  When I deactivate the scroll lock I see that (1) the new messages
are nowhere to be found any more and (2) console output is appended with some of
the overwritten text.

Again, this happens both with and without my patch.

If this behavior is incorrect/unexpected, then I am quite sure that it is not me
who broke it.
Could you please also double-check this behavior?

--
Andriy Gapon