FreeBSD problems and preliminary ways to solve

selven pcthegreat at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 14:22:22 UTC 2011

Hi Vadim!

> The real problem here is that they're saying "trouble finding people".
> They are *right* here - there is too small number of FreeBSD'ers. That's
> our real problem - we should increase our userbase. Our userbase is the
> problem, not their's userbase. Until there's more of us, we can't fight
> successfully with them, even if our weapon is stronger.
>
> --

Increasing userbase, that starts with either cool eye candy effects that
just eats processing for nothing and gaming which would mean focusing on the
desktop and or / console or maybe attach something else which would sound
'cool' to newbies so much that they start to check it out and THEN realize
the true difference.

I wonder if we start having like a show case of "what can you do with your
FreeBSD box" would help or not.

Developers are harvested from the population usually, so creating such a
buzz might be beneficial for the future.
--
*Pirabarlen Cheenaramen *| $3|v3n* *
L'escalier, Mauritius