Official git export

Vadim Goncharov vadim_nuclight at mail.ru
Sun Aug 28 20:12:34 UTC 2011

Hi Jonathan Anderson!

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 11:04:32 +0100; Jonathan Anderson wrote about 'Re: Official git export (was: Re: FreeBSD problems and preliminary ways to solve)':

> One of the downsides of using git-svn is that some things (e.g. "make
> sysent") expect the $FreeBSD$ in our header files to be expanded to
> something SVN-ey, but Git believes that it shouldn't munge source
> code: it's an immutable blob. So, when changing syscalls, one needs to
> check out syscalls.master using freebsd-subversion, copy it to the Git
> repo, run "make sysent" and then finally revert syscalls.master to
> what Git expects it to be (just "$FreeBSD$" at the top). There's a
> viable argument to be had here as to whether this is a Git problem or
> an assumption-that-the-script-makes problem, but it is a nit to be
> aware of.

Given thar Mercurial (hg), being a Git-like DVCS, has a plugin to do $Id$
conversions, it's definetely Git problem.

--
WBR, Vadim Goncharov. ICQ#166852181       mailto:vadim_nuclight at mail.ru
[Anti-Greenpeace][Sober FreeBSD zealot][http://nuclight.livejournal.com]