Official git export (was: Re: FreeBSD problems and preliminary ways to solve)

Jonathan Anderson jonathan at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 26 12:42:27 UTC 2011

[snip]

By the way, I've put my thoughts about using Git for FreeBSD
development up at http://wiki.freebsd.org/Git (which references the
/GitConversion and /Gitorious pages). I'm very happy to be criticized
re:poor Git usage, incomplete explanations and/or copious Wiki style
horrors. I don't claim to be right. :)

I do hope that this concrete brain dump will spark more discussion of
the form "this specific thing that you do is silly, everybody ought to
be doing X instead", leading to broad consensus around useful
practices and other people distilling /Git to be a summary of "what
you need to know if you want to start hacking FreeBSD using Git".

Jon
--
Jonathan Anderson

jonathan at FreeBSD.org