FreeBSD problems and preliminary ways to solve

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Fri Aug 19 09:28:24 UTC 2011

Hello, Slawa.
You wrote 19 августа 2011 г., 13:23:04:

>> There are a few known issues in terms of parallelism -- one is contention
>> between the ithread and user thread on per-TCP connection locks.  Another is
>> that we still haven't managed to switch to per-CPU statistics for the network
>> stack (which is fairly straight forward in a specific sense, but we'd like a
>> proper abstraction for it so we can generalise).
> After discussion in other place: may be perfomace improve if
> application resheduling on the same core, as processing incoming
> IP packet (hot CPU caсhe)?
  Yes, it is exactly what our admins done, and it helps, but if
streams will grow (and they WILL) here will be a little space to grow
up performance as well. But it is completely offtopic already.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at serebryakov.spb.ru>