Importing the fusefs kernel module?

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Wed Oct 27 11:15:19 UTC 2010

On 27 October 2010 02:22, Garrett Cooper <gcooper at freebsd.org> wrote:

>    If this module was in the tree, could we drop other less
> maintained filesystems, like our in-tree ntfs support (/sys/fs/ntfs/)?

I'd vote for "yes".

>    So I would be game to help maintain things, but I'd need help
> getting up to speed on FUSE and figure out the lay of the land. I
> wouldn't be very effective for a while though because I'm not
> knowledgeable in the ways of the vfs[, yet?]..

It's about the same story with me - given that I'm always playing with
storage, I'll get to VFS eventually. Could 2 half-maintainers instead
of one full maintainer be enough to satisfy the doubters? :) How about
3? (I know someone who's also interested in a junior-hacker kind of
way)