Adapting FreeBSD to PSARC/2010/029.

Edward Tomasz Napierała trasz at freebsd.org
Mon Nov 1 11:45:25 UTC 2010

Wiadomość napisana przez Tim Kientzle w dniu 2010-10-30, o godz. 07:17:
> On Oct 29, 2010, at 11:44 AM, Edward Tomasz Napierała wrote:
>> Currently, NFSv4 ACLs support in FreeBSD adheres to a draft by Sam Falkner
>> (it also complies with RFC3530, but that one leaves many things undefined).
>> Semantics for both UFS and ZFS is exactly the same.  With ZFS v28, the
>> semantics has changed; see the link below for details:
>>
>> http://arc.opensolaris.org/caselog/PSARC/2010/029/20100126_mark.shellenbaum
>
> I guess I need to get back to work on the NFSv4 ACL support for libarchive, eh?

Obviously :-)

> This is great.  Together with the acl_is_trivial_np() test function, the ACL
> support now makes a lot more sense.
>
> The chmod(2) interaction, in particular, is a huge improvement.

I'm not sure about it.  I mean, yes, it's simpler - it's actually possible
to understand and remember how it works now - but from what I remember,
the problem with the old semantics and libarchive was that libarchive tried
to set file mode after restoring the ACL.  With draft semantics, this
resulted in malformed ACL.  With PSARC semantics, this results in no ACL
at all.

--
If you cut off my head, what would I say?  Me and my head, or me and my body?