Request for review: build infrastructure for Clang

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 17 22:07:05 UTC 2010

On 05/17/10 15:00, Max Laier wrote:
> On Monday 17 May 2010 23:21:22 Doug Barton wrote:
>>>
>>> So I guess that would lead to the following directory structure?
>>>
>>> - lib/clang/libclang.../
>>> - lib/clang/libllvm.../
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>>> - usr.bin/clang/clang/
>>> - usr.bin/clang/tblgen/
>>
>> I don't think we have any hierarchies like this in the tree currently.
>
> we do - e.g. usr.bin/bsdiff/{bsdiff,bspatch} and usr.sbin/acpi/*  I can see
> that the latter makes sense, but the former doesn't make immediate sense to
> me.  From my POV clang is more like acpi in this regard - at least for the
> moment.

Sorry I wasn't clear ... there are a few hierarchies for things that
share common code (add usr.sbin/pkg_install to the list) but I didn't
think that was the case here. If I'm wrong, sorry for the misinformation.

Doug

			-- Propellerheads