Request for review: build infrastructure for Clang

Ed Schouten ed at 80386.nl
Mon May 17 06:49:09 UTC 2010

Hello Doug,

Sorry for the delay, but I was on my way back from Ottawa.

* Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> I was hoping someone else would bring this up, but no one has so here
> goes. There seems to be a whole little sub-hierarchy under
> usr.bin/clang, including the lib stuff you mentioned above. Is this
> necessary for some reason, or could the bmake bits be placed in their
> normal locations in the tree before the project is imported?

Well, I do agree the directory naming isn't perfect, but at least it is
stored in such a way that it doesn't spread out too much across the
tree. Things would get a real mess if we used directories like
lib/libclangast.

If someone can think of a better directory naming scheme, be sure to let
me know.

Greetings,
--
 Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>