[RFC] Multiboot2 drafting

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Fri May 14 12:47:08 UTC 2010

In message: <20100514132142.252b092d at ernst.jennejohn.org>
            Gary Jennejohn <gljennjohn at googlemail.com> writes:
: As an example of what I think Andrew was addressing, U-Boot can pass a
: Flattened Device Tree to the Linux kernel.  This basically allows a
: Linux kernel to handle variants of a board without having to custom
: compile Linux for each board.  At the moment I think only powerpc-based
: boards can be handled in this way.

In the kernel.org kernel, this is correct.  There's a fairly mature
set of patches for ARM that brings many of the newer ARM boards into
the FDT picture.  There's some very immature MIPS patches flowing
around as well.

Warner