ObsoleteFiles and TARGET_ARCH

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Jul 6 23:52:41 UTC 2010

I'm wondering...

Why do we use TARGET_ARCH so much inside of ObsoleteFiles?  It seems
like it should be used only when we obsolete files on some
architectures, but retain them on others.  Instead, it seems to be
used to obsolete files that normally exist on a specific
architecture.  This seems backwards.

Also, we need to change this, but I don't (yet) define a
TARGET_CPUARCH.

Also, why is this TARGET_ARCH and not MACHINE_ARCH?  That suggests
we're invoking it wrong if this is "needed" for the cross build case
to "work".

Comments?

Warner

P.S. I'll be happy to provide a patch here...