problems building new clamav because of march i386

Roman Divacky rdivacky at freebsd.org
Wed Jan 27 12:53:36 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 10:05:42AM -0200, Renato Botelho wrote:
> I'm having some problem trying to update clamav-devel port to
> a new snapshot.
>
> Since it's using llvm now, i didn't build on i386 arch, after some
> changes, it builds now but without atomic build.
>
> The point is, the clamav team say since our march is i386-* the
> binaries are built for old i386 arch, is it correct?
>
> Here is the thread under clamav-devel maillist, could someone
> take a look and gimme some help to understand and maybe fix
> the problem?

I've already talked to Edwin Torok about this... the problem is that
llvm needs atomic builtins which only i486 provides. The change
of default target from i386 to i486 has been made on HEAD and I believe
the commit was already MFCed to (at least) 8.x.

I believe the port could be fixed by something like CFLAGS+=-march=i486

roman