CTF patch for testing/review

Thu Apr 1 11:33:22 UTC 2010

Quoting Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at Leidinger.net> (from Tue, 30
Mar 2010 14:38:24 +0200):

> http://www.leidinger.net/test/ctf4.diff
>
> Changes to previous one:
>  - added @ to hide the CTF stuff
>  - man-page (to test: "groff -mdoc -Tascii /path/to/build.7 | less")
>
> Someone with mdoc-fu should have a look if I got it right, the
> others please have a look if the place in the man-page pleases you.
>
> The changed commit log would be:
> ---snip---
> WITH_CTF can now be specified in src.conf (not recommended, there
> are some problems with static executables), make.conf (would also
> affect ports which do not use GNU make and do not override the
> compile targets) or in the kernel config (via "makeoptions
> WITH_CTF=yes").
>
> Additional (related) changes:
>  - propagate WITH_CTF to module builds
>  - do not add -g to the linker flags, it's a noop there anyway
>    (at least according to the man page of ld)
>  - do not add -g to CFLAGS unconditionally
>    we need to have a look if it is really needed (IMO not) or if there
>    is a way to add it only when WITH_CTF is used
>
> Note: ctfconvert / ctfmerge lines will not appear in the build output,
> to protect the innocent (those which do not build with WITH_CTF would
> see the shell-test and may think WITH_CTF is used).
>
> Reviewed by:    imp, jhb, scottl (earlier version)
> Discussed on:   arch@
> ---snip---
>
> What about Friday morning (GMT+2) for a commit date (if nobody
> complains): not long enough for review or is it OK?

Nobody complained so far, so I try to commit this tomorrow. Note: the
date in the man page will be bumped (in cases someone notices that
this is missing in the patch).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
I go on working for the same reason a hen goes on laying eggs.
		-- H. L. Mencken