BIND in the base (Was: Re: tmux(1) in base)

Gregory Shapiro gshapiro at freebsd.org
Tue Sep 22 20:04:53 UTC 2009

> I suppose it doesn't matter to you that sendmail is actually
> maintained by Greg Shapiro, VP, CTO of Sendmail, Inc.

While I appreciate the vote of confidence, it doesn't, and it shouldn't.
I'll continue to maintain sendmail in the base as long as it is welcome
there.  If the project wants it moved out, that is not up to me (though
I hope it stays).

I haven't spent a lot of time looking at DMA, but some requirements that
pop to mind for it to be a replacement would be things like accepting
local mail via SMTP (e.g., for MUAs which use SMTP submission) and
supporting STARTTLS and SMTP AUTH for talking to the upstream MTA.