improvement wishes

Wed Oct 14 11:31:44 UTC 2009

Quoting Alexander Motin <mav at FreeBSD.org> (from Wed, 14 Oct 2009
11:54:44 +0300):

> Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>> To all those people with wishes which improve parts of FreeBSD. We have
>> something where you can express your wishes much much better (an on
>> topic) than here in this thread (where jhb is talking about something
>> orthogonal). This other place I talk about is
>> http://www.FreeBSD.org/projects/ideas/ or http://wiki.FreeBSD.org/. Both
>> places are open for modification to everyone. Expressing your wishes
>> there allows a fairy or genie to have a look at them.
>
> The most efficient place to hunt right genie is near lamp where he
> lives. ;) Ideas page is cool for large projects, but This I hope should
> be easier to fix then publish somewhere for next few years.

Even small projects should be put online, that's better than to forget
about it at all. The idea page is not only for the GSoC, but also for
things which could serve as an entry point to FreeBSD-src-knowledge.

> This topic is not completely orthogonal, as adding more information to
> the interrupt consumer name may result (hypothetically) that we won't
> see even second consumer of shared IRQ, instead of third.

Let's say it differently: jhb wants to handle it orthogonal. :)

Bye,
Alexander.

--
  Professor: Oh, dear. She's stuck in an infinite loop and he's an idiot.
    Well, that's love for you.