anyone interested in helping fixing the 'tcc' compiler ?

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Mon Nov 23 12:26:55 UTC 2009

Luigi Rizzo <rizzo at iet.unipi.it> writes:
> I have recently started playing with the Tiny C Compuler (lang/tcc)
> which is amazingly useful for prototyping,

Looks pretty useless to me:

des at ds4 /usr/ports/lang/tcc% sudo make install clean
Password:
===>  tcc-0.9.25 is only for i386, while you are running amd64.
*** Error code 1

> However, from the description it does not seem a horribly
> hard problem. Perhaps someone with a bit of knowledge on
> how our ld-elf.so works should not have a hard time pinpointing
> the problem so that other people can fix it ?

Actually, ld-elf.so is not that scary.  Take a look at rtld(1) and start
setting debugging envars.  Set up a jail so you can mess around with the
jail's ld-elf.so without bricking your system.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no