pthread_setugid_np

Sujit K M kmsujit at gmail.com
Thu May 28 04:33:09 UTC 2009

The Source code licensing show two license information.
One the Apple license and Other the BSD License.

The BSD License is to the Mach code that is present in the
source code, presumably I assume. And this includes the
pthread_setugid_np, but with some amount of rework with
the apple OS X implementation.

Are you sure that this feature was never present in any of
the BSD. Or has it been moved out due to some performance
requirement.

As far I see if present in OS X, It is an high performance piece
of code. But it need to be checked whether the code was
present in earlier version of BSD. Which might make it easier
for you to have it in your internal version.