FAIL: kernel fault injection

Zachary Loafman zachary.loafman at isilon.com
Tue May 12 16:38:40 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 11:44:58AM -0400, George Neville-Neil wrote:

> Any idea how soon you'd like to commit this? It would be great to
> get it in before the 8.0 branch so that the APIs are available
> throughout the duration of that branch, and then moving forwards.

I'm pretty much ready to commit once we have API consensus, barring code
review issues cropping up. Getting it in before the slush doesn't seem
like a real issue.

I think it's even MFCable to 7.x, given that it's a completely new set
of APIs. It would certainly help any 8.x->7.x merges that included new
fail points, though it's not like it's hard to delete them on merge.
Just sad, especially if you also write unit tests that use them.

...Zach