getting a callback ip address for nfsv4 client

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Tue Mar 31 18:24:21 PDT 2009

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, Julian Elischer wrote:

> looks about right (without doing great analysis).
>
> You may be able to make it a bit simpler by calling rtalloc1() directly..

Yep, I can see it would be. Is there a preferred interface or should I
just recode it using rtalloc1()?

> As there are possibly many addresses on an interface, one needs
> to look for the one that has the same network as the gateway..(if
> it's not p2p). e.g. if you have 10.2.2.2/24 and 10.3.3.3/24 on
> an interface and the gateway is 10.3.3.1, then you obviously
> need to select the second address on that interface.

I've been looking at this and it seems to me that it "falls out in the
wash". It looks like in_pcbladdr() is what udp uses for this case and
it just takes the rt_ifa->... as the address.

It seems like there is a separate routing table entry for each address
on an interface and that the search done by rtalloc() should get the
correct one from what I can see. Does that make sense?

Anyhow, thanks a lot for the help, rick