Final sanity pass: xdev

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat Mar 14 16:11:01 PDT 2009

In message: <18875.60334.947446.966085 at gromit.timing.com>
            John Hein <jhein at timing.com> writes:
: M. Warner Losh wrote at 09:00 -0600 on Mar 13, 2009:
:  > In message: <20090313125115.GU31961 at hoeg.nl>
:  >             Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl> writes:
:  > : Hi Warner,
:  > :
:  > : The last couple of days/weeks I've been working a lot with LLVM+Clang.
:  > : I'm currently writing some BSD makefiles to see how hard it is to add
:  > : Clang to our base system, as a proof of concept.
:  > :
:  > : A nice thing about Clang is that it seems to be very easy to compile in
:  > : multiple backends into the same Clang binary. If we ever switch to Clang
:  > : in the base system (who knows), it would be interesting to see whether
:  > : it's useful to just compile in all backends by default.
:  > :
:  > : Anyway, I took a quick look at the xdev patch and it looks okay. :-)
:  >
:  > Woot!  Please let me know if it causes problems.
:
: I meant to mention this earlier - OSREL (referenced in the _xi-links:
: target) is not defined.  So ports looking for arm-freebsd8.0-cc (for
: instance) won't find it.
:
:
: An earlier patch of yours had:
:
: .if !defined(OSREL)
: OSREL!= uname -r | sed -e 's/[-(].*//'
: .endif
:
: But the latest (and the one committed) does not.

You are right... Dang.  I must have comitted the wrong thing...

Warner