spliting kernel ipfw source ? (also involves sctp)

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at iet.unipi.it
Sun Mar 1 07:25:14 PST 2009

Hi,
I am planning to split netinet/ip_fw2.c in a number of smaller files
to make it more manageable, and while i do this I would also like
to move the files related to ipfw2 (namely ip_fw*c) to a better place.
Any objection to moving them to sys/netinet/ipfw2 ?

Also, I can't help noticing that sys/netinet/ contains 36 files
related to sctp -- wouldn't it be the case to move them
(perhaps with the exception of the userland headers)
to a separate subdirectory ?

(I know the same reasoning would apply to tcp, which has 23 files,
but the issue here is that there is 25 years of userland code expecting
the tcp headers in netinet/ and moving them would be a
nightmare for ports...)

	cheers
	luigi