mount(8) in /stand?

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Fri Feb 6 19:12:24 PST 2009

Judging by Google's results I'm only one of many people frustrated by
the lack of mount(8) in the "emergency holographic shell". My problem is
that I have everything I need to install the system (on a "netbook"
laptop - no CD reader) on the USB drive I booted from, but no way to get
to the data (the network drivers need to be patched before they can be
used so net install is out, sysinstall doesn't recognize the directory
structure, has no way of mounting msdosfs, etc.). I see the mount
executable is ~~ 17 kB:

-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  17232 Dec 29 15:29 /sbin/mount*

This is about the third time I needed it in similar circumstances so is
probably not unreasonable to request it be crunched in for the future?
It's certainly one of the basic emergency utilities.