C99 Complex Math Functions

David Schultz das at FreeBSD.ORG
Mon Aug 17 20:28:30 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I've recently had a requirement for the C99 complex math functions.
> I know you have been doing some work on implementing functions in
> complex.h and wonder what (if any) plans you have for implementing
> the rest of the C99 functions.

Which ones do you need?

They are on my todo list, but they're not a priority, and I'm
swamped right now, so don't hold your breath!  Steve Kargle and
Bruce Evans also have some interest in this.

Many of the functions can be fudged with some simple formulas that
you can look up.  The simple formulas work great in most cases,
but often fail near asymptotes and for special cases (infinity,
NaN, underflow, etc.)