Curious about SCM choice

Milo Hyson milo at cyberlifelabs.com
Fri Jun 27 03:05:29 UTC 2008

I apologize in advance if I have the wrong list for this, but it
didn't really look like anywhere else was more appropriate.

I'm curious about the reasons for FreeBSD adopting Subversion over the
other candidate systems. I've read the pages discussing the pros and
cons, but haven't found anything discussing the ultimate deciding
factors. I ask not because I disagree with the decision, but because
my company is currently facing a similar situation. We currently use
Subversion but there is some interest in other tools. Understanding
what "tipped the scales" as it were could prove valuable in our own
decision making.

Thanks. :)

--
Milo Hyson