Proposal for redesigning the TTY layer

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Feb 17 10:36:25 PST 2008

In message: <47B3EB4E.40508 at elischer.org>
            Julian Elischer <julian at elischer.org> writes:
: Ed Schouten wrote:
: > Hello Dag-Erling,
: >
: > * Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at des.no> wrote:
: >> Ed Schouten <ed at fxq.nl> writes:
: >>> The last couple of days I've been working on a document which describes
: >>> the changes I'm going to perform. I have just finished this document, so
: >>> I'm sending it to this list, so you can give your opinion on this
: >>> matter.
: >> wiki.freebsd.org please :)
: >
: > Great idea. I'll take some time to write an article when I'm at the
: > office tomorrow.
: >
: >>> As stated in the conclusion of this document, I am willing to continue
: >>> development after I graduate. Unfortunately I don't possess all hardware
: >>> supported by the TTY layer, which means I could use some help after I
: >>> finished by internship to bring back support for the remaining hardware.
: >> Perhaps you could provide a short list of the types of hardware you need
: >> help with?
: >
: > The only drivers I can take a look at, are:
: >
: > - syscons
: > - sio and uart
: > - pty
: > - u(pl)com
:
: gxemu 'test' console
:
:   http://gavare.se/gxemul/gxemul-stable/doc/experiments.html#hello
:
:   :-)
: (the simplest console in the universe)

I have code that works with it in the current system.

Warner