UMA & mbuf cache utilization.

pluknet pluknet at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 05:39:19 PST 2008

2008/12/18 Andrei V. Lavreniyuk <andy.lavr at reactor-xg.kiev.ua>:
> Hi!
>

> -----------------------------
> My system:
>

> # uname -a
> FreeBSD datacenter.technica-03.local 7.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE
> #0: Wed Dec 17 17:39:46 EET 2008
> root at datacenter.technica-03.local:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SMP-DATACENTER  i386
>
> + SSP
>
> +ZFS
>
> + mbuf_contig.diff
> ---------------------------
>

> The system works 1-2 hours and hangs up. Without a patch mbuf works stably.
>
> What information is yet needed for my hand?

See http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug.html
At first you need those options in the kernel config to extract a useful info.

options 	KDB			# Enable kernel debugger support.
options 	DDB			# Support DDB.
options 	GDB			# Support remote GDB.
options 	INVARIANTS		# Enable calls of extra sanity checking
options 	INVARIANT_SUPPORT	# Extra sanity checks of internal
structures, required by INVARIANTS
options 	WITNESS			# Enable checks to detect deadlocks and cycles
options 	WITNESS_SKIPSPIN	# Don't run witness on spinlocks for speed

--
wbr,
pluknet