Magic symlinks redux

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Aug 25 04:43:59 UTC 2008

In message: <48B234F7.8070407 at yandex.ru>
            "Andrey V. Elsukov" <bu7cher at yandex.ru> writes:
: M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > : The lookup table you have still requires patching source somewhere which
: > : probably defeats the purpose.
: >
: > That's the whole "less lame of getting data into the kernel" I was
: > talking about.  The above was to show the concept, not an actual
: > implementation of the data.  I don't like the hint idea so much, but
: > was looking for some other way to get the data into the kernel.
:
: What is about extending pciconf(8) (or making a pcictl(8) alias) for
: this purposes?

Lots of things could...  However, pciconf(8) likely runs too late...

Warner