Integration of ProPolice in FreeBSD

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Sat Apr 19 07:14:13 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 10:47:38PM +0200, Jeremie Le Hen wrote:
>> 1) Add the needed support symbols to libc (they don't hurt anyone, right?)
>
>Actually, they are already in libc :-).
>See src/sys/lib/libc/sys/stack_protector.c .

/usr/src/lib/libc/sys/stack_protector.c

Similar code needs to be added to libkern before SSP can be enabled
within the kernel.

>Certainly.  I would like to hear opinion from other committers if SSP
>should be enabled by default.

I would agree that a phased approach to enabling SSP is warranted but
I believe it should wind up enabled by default in -current fairly
rapidly.  Once the Project has gained more familiarity with SSP and its
impacts, a decision can be made as to whether it should default to on
or off in -stable and releases.

--
Peter Jeremy