tt_ioctl

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Apr 9 16:20:50 UTC 2008

In message: <18428.59782.318085.53492 at gromit.timing.com>
            John E Hein <jhein at timing.com> writes:
: M. Warner Losh wrote at 04:42 -0600 on Apr  9, 2008:
:  > I think I may have originally added the code that John proposed to the
:  > tsc tree (or maybe just my private tree when I was investigating the
:  > problem for others at TSC).
:
: It wasn't checked in the local tree - I guess we came up with it
: independently (assume you're talking about hooking up t_ioctl?).

Yes.  I almost just quietly committed it to FreeBSD at the time, but I
got busy on another project and never got back to it.  Maybe I should
have just done it and saw if phk noticed :-)

:  > I think it is the right way to go, and that the ioctl vs security
:  > argument is a bit specious.
:
: Well, I could go either way on this issue - 'specious' might be a bit
: too strong.  I could see issues with pass-through device-specific
: ioctls on tty devs - especially due to the fact that it's a tty device
: is somewhat obscured in the case of ucom children.

I'm not sure I follow what you are saying here...

Warner