Flash disks and FFS layout heuristics

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Apr 2 12:11:49 PDT 2008

In message: <200804012226.m31MQ42O042173 at apollo.backplane.com>
            Matthew Dillon <dillon at apollo.backplane.com> writes:
:
: :>     64MB is tiny.  None of the problems with any of the=20
: :> approachs we've discussed even exist with devices that small in an=20
: :> embedded system.
: :
: :It is fairly clear that you're not familiar with NAND devices on
: :embedded systems, as you've just said that well known problems do not
: :exist.
: :
: :> To be clear, because I really don't understand how you=20
: :> can possibly argue that the named-block storage layer is bad in a=20
: :> device that small...
: :
: :Yes, your lack of understanding is very apparent.
:
:     What complete bullshit.  If you want to argue technical merits, be
:     my guest.  So far you haven't made one single technical point in
:     any of your postings.  You've posted about your experience with NAND

AHEM!  Matt, you will keep a civil tongue, or you will be asked to
leave the list.  This goes for everybody else too.

Warner