Flash disks and FFS layout heuristics

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Apr 1 18:03:31 PDT 2008

:> chip solution
:
:It's not a single chip or even two chips. It doesn't run linux.  Keep
:guessing wrong, Matt.

    I'm not guessing at all.  I don't really give a damn about your embedded
    project, or your constant innuendo's about what it does or does not do.

    If you decide you want to talk about it, that's up to you.  Personally
    speaking, I love talking about the projects I've done.  I love talking
    about the cool technical details and the hard problems that had to be
    solved.

    I'm talking about the embedded world in general and how it functions
    these days.  What made you think I was talking about YOUR particular
    project?  I have no information... getting anything from you is like
    pulling teeth, you are wholely unwilling to part with a single meaningful
    detail and yet you expect to have a technical conversation by referencing
    it?  Give me a break.

    Again, if you want to have an actual conversation, then the ball is in
    your court.  You clearly believe that I am not qualified to have that
    conversation... well, put your money where your mouth is then.  If
    you think my reasoning is so bad, then say something meaningful that
    directly addresses it, in technical terms.  Hell, you can even quote
    papers rather then produce your own thoughts if you think it is relevant.

    The devil is in the details.  That's what technical conversations are
    for.  If I went by your logic I would have never written Diablo,
    or dmail, or a database, or numerous filesystems, or HAMMER, or gotten
    involved with OSs (people kept saying they were harder then micro os's.
    Oops, I guess they weren't after all!).  Sheesh.

						-Matt