C++ in the kernel

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Oct 30 14:27:08 PDT 2007

In message <9bbcef730710300648s4a4162a9x25e5a092111eaab9 at mail.gmail.com>, "Ivan
 Voras" writes:

>I think the more advanced examples here: http://wiki.freebsd.org/K are
>sufficiently diverged from C to make them ugly :)

That page represents a SoC project which was didn't much suit my taste
for language development, but which nontheless was kind of inspiring.

>I think the context of my quote was in favour of this, as long as the
>language remains standard.

But then again, what exactly is "standard" in this context ?

C99 ? or style(9) ?

We already use a C-diallect, all I'm proposing is giving it more
theeth so it can help us.