C++ in the kernel

Erich Dollansky oceanare at pacific.net.sg
Sat Oct 27 22:18:57 PDT 2007

Hi,

Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone had done any further thinking about this.

let me put it into very simple words. From my experience using C since
the late Seventies for very different software projects, I would never
use C++ inside a kernel.

But I encourage object orientated programming and the use of much more
macros to make object orientated programming easier without using C++.

A kernel should be small and its response should be predictable in all
cases and at all times.

This is something which is not always the case with C++.

Erich