Rename sys/*/conf/DEFAULT to _DEFAULT

Marcel Moolenaar xcllnt at mac.com
Wed Nov 7 11:46:44 PST 2007

On Nov 7, 2007, at 5:49 AM, David O'Brien wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 10:18:12AM -0600, Brooks Davis wrote:
>> On one level this seems reasonable, on another, I don't see the point
>> since on ever platform kernels beginning with G or N have this
>> issue and
>> on i386 you add at least S and P to that list.
>
> If not, why not make it easier for folks with a kernel file named
> "DE*"?

What about this:

We move src/sys/${ARCH}/conf/DEFAULTS to src/sys/conf/DEFAULTS.${arch}
and we can even add a generic src/sys/conf/DEFAULTS if there's a reason
for it.

That seems to be a much better solution than renaming a file so that it
stops being in the way for some, only to have it become in the way for
others. That's just pointless...

--
Marcel Moolenaar
xcllnt at mac.com