Objective-C kernel Development

Alfred Perlstein alfred at freebsd.org
Mon Nov 5 14:16:24 PST 2007

* Ivan Voras <ivoras at freebsd.org> [071105 14:11] wrote:
> Ali Mashtizadeh wrote:
> > More interesting choices are java or C# just because they are typesafe (e.g.:
> > JX, singularity). I'm not sure why anyone would want to suffer with obj-c?
>
> When we're at it, why not Python? :)
>

> (I'd like to color it green...)

I think the gist of it is that the FreeBSD project will certainly
consider bringing in runtime environments for just about anything,
however entertaining the idea of it becoming an "official" extention
and replacing or bringing in core-code that requires said runtime
or language will most likely not be allowed until the tool is
allowed to settle for some number of years.

--
- Alfred Perlstein