sched_lock && thread_lock()

Jeff Roberson jroberson at chesapeake.net
Wed May 23 23:34:00 UTC 2007

On Wed, 23 May 2007, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:

> On May 23, 2007, at 3:56 PM, Jeff Roberson wrote:
>
>> Resuming the original intent of this thread;
>>
>> http://www.chesapeake.net/~jroberson/threadlock.diff

Woops! people.freebsd.org/~jeff/threadlock.diff

> 404 Not Found.
>
> The old patch was missing PowerPC & ia64. Will the final version
> include those as well?

There are a couple of uses of the global scheduler lock in some
architecture specific locations.  They will continue to be safe with the
4BSD scheduler.  I intended to work on these issues with the architecture
maintainers after the threadlock patch goes in.  Can you suggest some
alternative to sched_lock for pmap_switch in ia64?

There are a couple of these small issues that should be perfectly safe
that I was hoping to address outside of this patch so that it didn't get
too big.

Jeff